7.23.2009

The ugly duckling

I feel horrible about this blog. I have the best intentions of keeping it up to date and yet I fail miserably. I am sorry about that.

Now, one of our most recent projects was an update of one of our ugliest rooms. The spare bedroom had been a conglomeration of every leftover piece of furniture and bed linen that came with us to the new house. Not everything matched and almost nothing complemented anything, but it was all we had. But after the addition of the baby Bernina, we were finally able to change all that. We had it all finished just days before my parents came to visit for the 4th. But, of course, the world conspired against giving me time to write about it until now.

Here is the way-before picture of the spare bedroom:


This is what it has looked like since we moved in:


And here is what it looks like now:

Quite the transformation, no? Its our ugly duckling turned into a beautiful...spare bedroom. This is also one of the first rooms that we bothered to "accessorize." So it has lots of lovely little details in it, too.
And of course, Riley approves.

No comments: