9.27.2009

And I did it all by myself

Usually, when we have something that needs to be screwed in, nailed up, sawed in half or otherwise involves the use of power tools, I let Duff do it. Not that I can't do it...I just feel like he enjoys the use of power tools so much that I shouldn't waste the opportunity to use them on myself.

But last week, the roman shades that I have been waiting for three months for (that's right, they were back-ordered from JcPenneys for three months!) finally arrived. So I wanted them up as soon as possible (patience is not one of my virtues). Unfortunately, however, Duff had to work all weekend, and with the new extended store hours, that didn't leave much time for him to do projects.

So I took this project on by myself. Luckily it was fairly easy and only involved one power tool, several puppy toys, chasing after the puppy when she stole things she shouldn't have, finally surrendering and putting the puppy in her crate, some final pseudo-cursing when I couldn't get the brackets to snap into place, and then vwa-la! Roman shades. Lovely, light filtering roman shades that allow light in the room but block images from going out (if you catch my drift--this bedroom is Duff's walk-in closet after all).


So here's how they turned out. This is the one behind the bed that will probably always stay down for the sake of modesty (and to protect our neighbors' eyes).


The shades actually let in a lot of light, but unfortunately it is a rainy fall day here in PA, so that wonderful quality is not showing in the picture.


When the shade is all the way up, you can barely see it, which I appreciate.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my $25 dollar purchase. Totally worth the 3 month wait (even for someone as impatient as me!).

No comments: