10.20.2009

A solution for smelly feet

Well, its been awhile since I used my fabulous, far-to-good-for-me birthday present--my baby Bernina. But the other day, I finally found some inspiration that helped me to drag out my sewing pins and get to work.

You see, my work shoes smell. Bad. Its not that my feet are particularly smelly, but all of my pumps are leather and I run around in them all day in bare feet. Hence, they smell. Bad.

I have been debating what to do about this for some time. Then one day, I found a fascinating post on another blog about creating sachets filled with baking soda to hang in smelly rooms (in that case, a nursery). So I thought, why not make baking soda sachets for my shoes?! And I did.

First, I traced out a design using an old shoe insert I had laying around. I was careful to include a lip at the top so that baking soda could be poured in but wouldn't fall out.



Then I sewed around the edges with my fabulous sewing machine (oh, for those who are wondering, I used some left over fleece from making puppy blankets for the fabric).


And ta-da, little shoe sachets.


I keep them in my work shoes and so far (after two+ weeks) they've been working great. Now, my feet smell flowery (I think the baking soda was scented mountain flowers or something) instead of stinky. Not bad for the price of a box of baking soda. Not bad at all...

No comments: