11.12.2012

Easy Oven Eggs

So I know this post isn't in line with my usual posts, but I came up with this easy way to make eggs in the oven and I wanted to share.

First, let me preface this post with a little back story...

In contemplation of going back to work in December, I have been trying to work out my schedule. One of my concerns is what to do for breakfast.  I learned during my pregnancy that it isn't good to have dairy or fruit before noon, since your body's sugars are already high in the morning.  So I decided that pre-made breakfast sandwiches were the best option for me.

However, I have a baby.  And I don't have uninterrupted time every Sunday to spend an hour on the stove cooking eggs and sausages/bacon in a frying pan. As a new mom, one of the first things you learn is that anything that doesn't require constant attention or can be done one-handed is a winner. So I tried to find a way to make eggs easily and one-handed.  Here is my solution...

First, find a baking tin that has some kind of mold to it.  You could use a cupcake tin.  I used a tin intended for whoopie pies.


Throw our tin in the oven and turn the broiler on high.

Give the broiler a few minutes to heat up.  I gave mine 5 minutes.  Once its reasonably pre-heated, pull out your oven rack and crack an egg into each of your molds.   Push your oven rack back in and wait 5 minutes.


Waa-laa!  Oven made eggs in under 10 minutes.



They work perfectly for breakfast sandwiches.


I bought sandwich thins at the store, put an egg and a flat sausage on each one and stored them in the fridge.  In the morning, I nuke them for 1 minute in the microwave and they are good to go.  Quick, easy and one-handed. You can also make these with just egg whites for an even lower-calorie meal.  Enjoy!

No comments: