6.28.2009

Weekend round-up

This weekend consisted of cleaning, several secret little projects (which are coming along really well, and I can't wait to share them when they're finished!), and two very important, very wonderful words...

IKEA SALE!!!

We made a killing at the Ikea summer sale. We found some items that I've been looking for for ages but couldn't find. The most expensive thing we bought was $17. It was unbelievable.

So, to share some of the Ikea sale joy with you, I am showing you two of our most wonderful purchases (sorry, the cabinet organizer did not make the cut...I know you're bummed). The first is something that I've been searching for forever. We've needed a nightstand for our guest bedroom since we moved into the house. Until this weekend, the lamp in that room was sitting on a box (granted, it was a pretty, decorated box) on the floor. But when I saw this table at the Ikea sale for $15, I knew exactly where it belonged. So we took this:And used a can of spray paint to turned it into this:


Isn't it just lovely? I'm so tickled I found it.

We also bought two rugs at the Ikea sale to help protect the carpet in the dog room from the constant barrage of muddy shoes and paws. Although they were the most expensive items at $17, we still thought they were a darn good deal (they're super comfy on your toes, too!).

Here is Riley checking out the new rugs (she wasn't sure what to think of them at first):
Riley deciding she is queen of the rugs:

And Riley just looking cute as always:

So that is the round-up of our weekend. I know, not very exciting, but I promise that there are exciting posts to come. Until then, I hope everyone else had a happy weekend and I'll see you after the holidays (or before if you're lucky ;)).

No comments: