2.17.2010

End of season count down

Due to a general lack of news around here (and general busy-ness doing unexciting things), I have decided to undertake an end of season count down for Duff's team. With only two weeks to go, I'm pretty excited about no longer being a basketball widow...and Duff's return to doing house work and other chores.

The update is as follows: the news is not good. The team lost last night: 59-65. They should not have lost this game. They were definitely the better team but they must not have played well (I don't know--I wasn't there). All I know is that one of the referees informed our head coach that "you're just an elementary school coach, man. an elementary school coach." Apparently our coach had to be held back from beating the ref to a pulp (don't worry, they'd already called a technical). Last night's game put the team's record at 11-12. Not good, boys. Not good. The team was second in conference prior to yesterday's loss. I'm not sure where they are now. They have two more games to go this week before conference finals next week. Hopefully, they can pull themselves together and win out in conference. That will put them in a good position going into the tournament. The next two games are Thursday and Saturday (and I'll be there since they're both home games). I'll keep you updated throughout the week.

Jo

No comments: